Wednesday, February 26, 2014

BLUSH (DO IT RIGHT)

Hola Bellas,

Its my first post this wonderful year, I've been gone for so long, have just been everywhere, you don’t wanna know, have been fine anyways. I have so much to share with you!!!

            Firstly, join me in celebrating a very special person in my life, over fifty years ago, God sent an angel to this world, she’s my best friend, counselor and mother, she means the world to me, its my mums birthday today, and am so happy and blessed to have her in my life, she has been a blessing to me and people around her, what would I do without my sweet mother, As you add a year today, May you live to reap the fruit of your labour. I love you beyond words..


Back to the matter, today we'll be talking about 'Blush'

The blush gives life and colour to the face. It adds a splash of colour to your face and instantly brightens it up. Blush comes in different shades and colours, and like every other makeup product, there are different brands. A sweep of it on the apples of your cheeks can open up your face.....it's usually the last step of makeup application.


Blush is quite easy to apply, but you have to be careful not to overdo it and not end up looking a clown. Most times , we see ladies with two  red and very colourful powder on their cheeks, and you keep wondering ‘if she was punched on her cheeks’ or like my friend will say its ‘ibo powder’, I bet you don’t wanna look like our honourable sister here;

Like every other aspect of applying makeup, blending is really important.
There are different kinds of blush.....Powder (pressed or loose), cream etc.

POWDER
This is either in pressed or loose form. personally, i prefer the pressed one.


 The powder blush should be sheer and apply lightly on the apples of the cheeks and not plaster itself on the cheeks.


CREAM BLUSH
The cream blush is just in a cream form.





HOW I APPLY MY BLUSH

I love blush....the less it is...the better, Anyway, this is how i apply my blush.....
  1. I get my contour/blush brush and pick up a little of it.
  2. I smile and push up the apples of my cheeks.
  3.  Then i lightly sweep the brush on the apples of my cheeks and then towards my ear
An example of a well blended blush should look like this…..
i blended the blush in well,hope its visible enough

I hope this post helped someone.
Please drop your comments, will love to read from you.


5 comments:

  1. thanks for the post, and please dont leave us for long again, happy bday to ur mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I av learnt sumthing 4rm dis post,keep it up gurl.Happy bday 2 mumi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iv learnt sumthn 4rm dis post,keep it up gurl.Happy bday 2 mum

    ReplyDelete